All-day events are events that take an unspecified amount of time. They don't necessarily take all day and are often used as reminders, such as when to pay a bill. You can create all-day events in either week view or month view.
To create an all-day event in Calendar:
- If you're in week view, drag from the start date to the end date in the All Day area. If you're in month view, drag from the start date to the end date. If you're scheduling a single-day all-day event, click the day instead of dragging.
- Enter the name of the event in the Summary field and the location of the event in the Location field.
- If you want to change the start date of the event, click the date, and in the calendar that appears, click a date. To change the start date to today's date, click Today (diamond); to view the previous month, click Previous (up arrow); to view the following month, click Next (down arrow).
- Select "All-Day (Banner) event."
- If you want to change the duration of the event, change the number in the "days" field.
- Click OK.
After you've created an all-day event, you can edit it